Nintendo So what do you think of the new Pokémon?

Tsurata

doh-keh-vee
Staff member
Nov 16, 2019
Awards
DokeV
dokev.club
  • DokeV.Club Premium
  • New Dokebi Collector
  • Early Bird
I kinda wanted to love the new Sword/Shield games, but got disappointed by the lazy job GameFreak has done.
How are you feeling?

Thank god DokeV is kind-of a pokémon type game, I can't wait for it

swoshi.jpg

Sabertooth

Nov 19, 2019
Awards
  • New Dokebi Collector
  • Early Bird
I am going to have a wonderful time spending time with Scorbunny. We are going to run run run around. I enjoy any Pokemon game that GameFreak makes. I think it'll be a good experience for me. Every new generation of Pokemon is a new experience for me. I'm picking mine up tomorrow and will be playing it with joy...😉

Sabertooth

Nov 19, 2019
Awards
  • New Dokebi Collector
  • Early Bird
What am looking forward with DokeV?

Going around finding the DokeV and hanging out like maybe a street food stand or like sushi bar...😊

Yuta

Nov 18, 2019
Awards
Russia
vk.com
  • New Dokebi Collector
  • Early Bird
I am going to have a wonderful time spending time with Scorbunny. We are going to run run run around. I enjoy any Pokemon game that GameFreak makes. I think it'll be a good experience for me. Every new generation of Pokemon is a new experience for me. I'm picking mine up tomorrow and will be playing it with joy...😉
Have fun!

I was a little suspicious about pokemon games when i first saw XY. Screenshots from the battles felt empty and models where out of place. I thought "it is 2013. It doesn't look right...."
However I was enjoying every game I played (Heart Gold, X, Omega Ruby) until pokemon Sun. I started to notice the pattern. They would leave great things behind and make the same adventure again. I didn't like starters designs at first. But still, I knew i want to play this new game. And it was fun. Too easy and repetitive, but fun.
Ultra Moon was like a stab in the back. It was like SunMoon+. "Why they didn't make a full games?" - I asked. "Why I need to pay the same amount money for a game I already bought?" I still payed and played. I felt betrayed. "They don't care about making great games. They only care about making money."

Now I understand, they have a schedule. They can't delay games, like animal crossing did. Their games don't even make that much money compared to pokemon merchandise. So, when I see pokemon Sword and Shield as a thing to sell toys, it's all makes sense. They don't need to make games better, they would sell anyway. People would by merch anyway. The game doesn't have to be great, it will be fun anyway, cuz it's a pokemon adventure! brand new pokemon adventure...

I'm really glad to see people enjoying Sword and Shield. I hope someday I will enjoy main series with them.

Reactions: Sabertooth

Sabertooth

Nov 19, 2019
Awards
  • New Dokebi Collector
  • Early Bird
Yeah they may want the money but if they don't they will not make better products. I just got my Pokemon Shield game today and it's wonderful game. My Scorbunny is lively as ever and I am enjoying playing it. Hats off to GameFreak! Nevertheless I enjoyed many Pokemon games that was produced and I'll keep enjoying it even in future installments. I think Pokemon Shield is my favorite one, but I just started playing so I hope for good experience.

Yuta

Nov 18, 2019
Awards
Russia
vk.com
  • New Dokebi Collector
  • Early Bird
Yeah they may want the money but if they don't they will not make better products
You're right. And they have money, honestly. Pokemon games will sell no matter what, and Pokemon franchise is still most profitable franchise on the Earth. They have enough, and still they can't put it into games, they don't need too. They are okay with the quality they delivering right now.

Sabertooth

Nov 19, 2019
Awards
  • New Dokebi Collector
  • Early Bird
Today I played Pokemon Shield and I got my taste of the Wild Area. There are Pokemon that roam around outside the grass that are hard to beat. My first one was a level 29 or 26 Onix and he nolified my turtle Pokemon. And then I ran from the battle. I also got to do some camping. I played mostly with ScorV-mon and made up a couple of curry dish. And I got to fight against a Butterfree in my first max raid battle. It was awesome! I Dynamaxed my Scorbunny but I wasn't able to catch it. Butterfree got away but I got some experience points for my Pokemon. And then I leveled up Scorbunny to Reboot. It was a great experience. I really like this game. There's are a lot of stuff to do in this game and it's really fun to play. I love my Scorbunny!

Reactions: Yuta

Sabertooth

Nov 19, 2019
Awards
  • New Dokebi Collector
  • Early Bird
I beat Champion Leon at the end of the game in Pokemon Shield. And now I play online battles and sometimes catch Pokemon in Wild Area. My favorite Pokemon is Toxtricity. I lost like 9 matches online but I can do quite a bit of damage to my opponent. I haven't won one though.

TrioDeFo

Feb 10, 2020
Awards
  • Early Bird
  • DokeV.Club Premium
  • New Dokebi Collector
To be honest I wasn't into Sword and Shield at all I thought it was a very poorly made game and it seemed like the pvp portion was almost non-existent or just too easy. Has anyone tried TemTem yet it's so much better than sword and shield?