Thoughts On The Game Not Being An MMO

lXlVaeNlXl

Aug 26, 2021
Awards
  • New Dokebi Collector
Hi, First of all, thanks Tsurata for this wonderful site, I can't wait to see what it would become when the game releases and all. Now, Just today the devs of DokeV have confirmed that they've shifted from being an MMO to somewhat of a Coop genre, now personally that change did hit me a little as I've been waiting a long time keeping in mind that it is an MMO. I'd still love to play this amazing game be it a MMO, Coop or even a single player but the plans I've made to make tons of friends randomly and ultimately run together in a group was kinda shattered. So those are my opinions, overall I still can't wait to play but what do you guys think, do you guys think?

Tsurata

doh-keh-vee
Staff member
Nov 16, 2019
Awards
DokeV
dokev.club
  • DokeV.Club Premium
  • New Dokebi Collector
  • Early Bird
Honestly, I'm fine with the changes. A Co-op / Multiplayer environment is much better for a game that targets family experiences. If it is executed properly like idk lets say Genshin, it'll totally work. According to the interviews they plan to have a multiverse lobby where you can meet with others, co-op for missions and bossing, so it might work out.

P.S.: Thank you for the kind words regarding the site. :D <3

lXlVaeNlXl

Aug 26, 2021
Awards
  • New Dokebi Collector
ur right, If I recall correctly the Lead Producer said he wanted to play games with their kids and thus I agree that for family experiences coop does work better. And as for if DokeV will work out great, I kinda have high hopes cuz the there's just not much games like DokeV, Altho I wish it was an mmo but if they're really targeting for Family Experience then there's kinda no chance this will be an mmo. Ofc, at the end of the day when it releases I wont resist getting my hands on it immediately cuz it's just so my kind of game but I rly wish to see the mmo side if it, I just wanna have the feel of an actual virtual world where u passby real people everytime having that in mind makes u feel like the world is alive and also part of the reason I want it to be an mmo is that an mmo is sure to have near endless updates and there is almost no end to the game but if it was like the "Genshin Impact" type of coop then I'd rest assured cuz I just feel sad knowing a game will be left alone after ur done with it like Ratchet and Clank Rift apart, After uve done the whole game, it'll be just that and nothing more and so I wish DokeV could shine cuz it's just so god damn beautiful. Oh! and no need to thank me 😊 I respect u for putting so much love into this game.